About Me

My photo
Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I have never met a hobby that I didn't fall in love with. But for now my focus lies mainly with pottery and with needle felting.

Monday, December 13, 2010

New Items For Sale!

I did a high-firing this weekend, with some Christmas gifts and a few Etsy items. I also did a bisque/glaze firing and experimented with some pendants. They aren't real fancy, yet, but it's a step in trying something new.

Here is the couple I was working on...I really do love this one - just like the couple in labor that I did. It's not real detailed or anything, but the FEELING really comes across for me.

I'm excited that I've gotten a few sales this month due to the holiday season. It does wonders to boost my self-esteem and urge me on to try new things, make mistakes, and get my hands dirty! I never truly give up hope, but there have been days, this past year especially, that I am too fearful to make anything at all, simply because I might fail. But with each sale, I have a source of energy and encouragement that overcomes those dark, negative thoughts. And for this, I am thankful. Even more so than for the money. The money helps pay for my clay. The affirmation keeps my drive well and thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment