About Me

My photo
Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I have never met a hobby that I didn't fall in love with. But for now my focus lies mainly with pottery and with needle felting.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fare for the Faire

Today I had the privilege of opening the kiln after a high-firing. I haven't done as many of these due to the cost and length, so I'm always a little nervous as to the outcome...

Today it was a good opening :)

I was experimenting with some items to sell at the medieval faire in June this year, and here's the results!


Here are the dragon egg shakers after the smoke firing. I absolutely LOVE them! They have speckles, and swirls, and just some great contrasts on them.

And what goes better with dragon eggs than little dragons? These guys are adorable!

I hope to make several more of these by the time June rolls around.

And here are my skully mugs!

Another view of the back and handles.

Here are some castle mugs I made based on a recommendation from last year's faire.

In order to prevent dribbles through the gaps at the top of the castles,
I create spouts to funnel the liquid right to your mouth!

1 comment: