About Me

My photo
Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I have never met a hobby that I didn't fall in love with. But for now my focus lies mainly with pottery and with needle felting.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Glaze Firing Done

Well, I finally got all the pieces glazed and fired. I tried dipping some of the dishes for sake of time, but I think I made a mistake because the glaze pin-holed and in some places had large bubbles. On one dish the underglaze was peeling off. I'll have to ask around on my Yahoo Pottery group and see what might have caused that...

I was using a different glaze - Spectrum. Before I had Amaco. This one says to use one to two coats, but Amaco was three. The spots where the glaze was thick also turned milky. Kind of disappointed with that.

And once again, the top shelve of the kiln reached a whole cone higher than the bottom shelve, which is frustrating. I had a cone 04 in the sitter, and only the top shelve hit cone 04...so next time I'll try a cone 03 and see what happens.

I also re-bisqued my lady ocarinas, and smoke fired them again. But once again they turned out very dark...I'll also have to research that.

But otherwise things turned out pretty good, and I'm happy for that :)

You can view the pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment