About Me

My photo
Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I have never met a hobby that I didn't fall in love with. But for now my focus lies mainly with pottery and with needle felting.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm In Business!!



I made my first sale tonight, officially. Money exchanged hands...so I'm truly, really, fully, in business. I don't even mind if I don't sell anything tomorrow at the Sale Day here in town...I really think these Belly-rinas will find a niche...

And I am deciding to drop the price of the whistles down to $10 because I just didn't like the glaze. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but it shouldn't have. I put it on too thick, and they look like it. But the whistles still work and are cute, so selling them is still an option, I think.

I also decided that I'll try for just one weekend at the renaissance faire, and that way I don't have to worry about commiting to the whole 6 days if it doesn't work out, yet I'll still get enough flavor to know how to prepare for next year.

So I need to start making some ocarinas for that, and my aunt commisioned a project from me...I'd like to make my own pendant oc, and one for Amber and Caleb. And then there's the few I need to make for Julie to take with her to the next doula workshop she's holding so she can try to sell them there.

And I don't even know when I need to start keeping paper work and receipts of the stuff I sell - or start charging tax...

But here's a pic of the whistles and ocs with the tag attatched:


I really like the look of the necklace all tied up - it looks professional. I hope the ladies enjoy them and spread the word. My goal? To make enough money to keep pursuing this hobby of mine...

I want to start experimenting with porcelain, colored porcelain, and paper porcelain. So between trying to make money, that is my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment